DF Explorer is an easy-to-use graphical interface, which simplifies the online maintenance of the TPFDF files. The online maintenance involves the browsing, adding, deleting or modifying the logical records (LRECs) of fixed or pool or index files.
The simplified interface design reduces the end-user training time, and increases the production efficiency, by eliminating the need to learn and remember long commands and to use any menu-drive abilities.
The main features include:
- Complete Listing of system-wide TPFDF Files with high level properties, by Subsystems.
- Select and Search any DF database.
- Select DF file by File Name, Ordinal, Algorithm or File Address.
- Supports Pool Files, Paths, Partitions, Interleaves etc.,
- Choose LREC key to view, Number of LRECS to View (see as much as you want to)
Overview of subfile
- LREC Keys with counts.
- Explore Embedded TPFDF Files using HYPERLINKS.
- Access DF files efficiently using Windows-style forms.
- Gain holistic view of DF Subfile and any selected Primary Key.
- View any number of available LRECS of a particular key with full scroll and translation.
- View and edit LRECs with LABELS and DSECT Panels.
- Explore DF Indexed files and forward references with ease.
- Graphical Representation of number of byte & Percentage used by each logical record.
- Ability to pack each logical record with single-click.
DF Explorer is a graphical interface for browsing and interacting with TPFDF files with increased productivity and reduced training time.
Some of its main features include:
- Very intuitive and easy- to-use GUI interface to browse TPFDF files
- Runs on z/TPF — not simulated
- Graphical Representation of number of byte & Percentage used by each logical record
- Enhanced with the ability to pack each logical record with single-click
- Overlay DSECT panels
- Simplifies online maintenance — Browse, Add, Delete or Modify lrecs of fixed or pool or indexed files
- Enhanced Understanding of DF Structure
- Allows easy integration with zTPFGI Debugger
- Easy to learn and implement, leading to reduced training time and greater work efficiency
DF Explorer is included as part of these products:
- ALCS/GI - This is a client/server graphic debugger for ALCS.
- zTPFGI – This zTPFGI suite is a comprehensive Test Management System, comprising of a set of software components – Integrated IDE, Graphical Debugger, VPARS Automation, Regression Test Facility, DF Explorer, Performance Analyzer, and Virtual Connectivity, for coding, testing, debugging, analyzing and fine-tuning your z/TPF applications.
Here, you will find a range of free supplementary materials for DF Explorer, including PowerPoint presentations, brochures, tips & tricks, videos and more. These materials are downloadable files, and have been arranged by categories below for quick access to the new information and to learn more about zTPFGI. Click the resource title you want to see and the page will refresh, displaying the contents of that resource in a new window.
- DF Explorer Overview Presentation
- DF Explorer Leaflet